Aging Gracefully...

Ok, so age has never bothered me. 30 didn't bother me. 35 didn't bother me. 37 didn't bother me. But this did...I had a friend request on FB from a girl I went to high school with. I was browsing her pictures and saw pictures of a cute little 2 year old. I thought, we have babies about the same age. I clicked to the next picture and the caption read..."Maw Maw's little angel." WHAT??? The little girl was her grandchild?? WOW, that stopped me in my mental tracks. I'm old enough to have grandchildren? I must admit for the first time I started thinking about aging and it hurt a little. So, I tucked that information into what I like to call my mental black box and went on feeling youthful. But, that black box sprang open this week. Little G became an official contact wearer. The evidence is adding up. I'm aging. I'm old enough to have a child who wears contacts and I am also old enough to be a grandmother. I can't stop it, so I hope I can do it gracefully!

Comments

Popular Posts