Me Days

When Little G was born, he was the focus of our lives. He was our first child, the first grandchild on both sides, the first great-grandchild on both sides. He got a TON of attention. Everyone wanted to hold him, talk to him, and play with him. But as our family has grown the attention has been dispersed. I don't think it is a bad thing, but it is definitely not the same as it was for him. So out of this knowledge, came the idea for "ME DAYS". "ME DAYS" are days when any one of our children get to choose something to do with just myself and Big G or one of us individually. Mostly it is just one parent and the other stays with the rest of the kids. It has been really meanful for each of the kids. I love having a big family, but that individual attention is just so important. I'm sure they are relieved to be able to talk to us without someone screaming "Mama, I need a band-aid; Mama, can you come in the bathroom; Mama, have you seen my doll; Mama, I'm hungry."(you get the idea). So yesterday was a "ME DAY" for E man. He was so excited! He went to the mall with Big G. They ate at Chick-fil-a, played games in the arcade and had an icecream. It lasted about 1.5 hours, but you would have thought they went on a week long trip to paradise. E man was thrilled. The joy of knowing that he was important to his Daddy was priceless to him.

Comments

  1. those are SO important to our kids as well! It's so hard for us, and we don't do it as often or as regularly as we'd like. Sometimes it's just running an errand with Daddy or coloring with Mommy during naptime. It's amazing what little things mean the world to our children!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts